School Ethos and Aims
Barlby C P School Ethos
Our strong ethos is based on respect for ourselves and others, equality and a sense of wonder at the world we live in. We are committed to developing the whole child. Our children will have the opportunity to be creative, to be physically active and to be academically challenged.
Another important part of the ethos of our school is that we are a ‘Community’ school. As such, we are always looking to live up to this and all that it means. Our school is regarded by parents as being open and welcoming, with teachers seen as accessible and approachable. We are always interested to hear from parents your views and experience of the school. All feedback, both positive and negative is always welcome. We at Barlby CP School aim to prepare children to reach their full potential as responsible citizens in an increasingly complex world.
In order to achieve this we will provide our children with opportunities to…
Barlby C P School Aims
We at Barlby CP School aim to prepare children to reach their full potential as responsible citizens in an increasingly complex world.
Our aims to achieve this are to provide our children with opportunities to…
• Enjoy coming to school in an environment where they are safeguarded, happy, healthy, valued and secure.
• Experience a dynamic, creative and rich curriculum that meets their unique needs.
• Develop a desire and curiosity towards learning.
• Be challenged and motivated to become lifelong learners.
• Value, appreciate and celebrate everyone’s talents.
• Respect and take personal responsibility for their actions and environment.
• Develop an awareness of spiritual, moral, social and cultural issues.
• Work in partnership with the whole school community.